A firefighter from a local brigade works to extinguish flames after a bushfire burnt through the area in Bredbo, New South Wales, Australia, on Feb. 2, 2020. (Loren Elliott/Reuters)
Owners of homes, farms and businesses lost in NSWs bushfire crisis will receive a full year of council rate relief.
Deputy Premier John Barilaro on June 29 said the state government was extending rate relief for eligible property owners to help them recover from the fires and rebuild their lives.
They were previously expected to receive the rate cut for a period of six months.
Service NSW has already paid more than $2.4 million in council rate relief for bushfire victims, Local Government Minister Shelley Hancock said.
“Importantly this funding is paid directly to the local council, meaning ratepayers dont have to pay anything, and it does not cost local councils anything to support these property owners,” Hancock said in a sRead More – Source