After it was previously rumoured the Emmerdale star, 35, would replace Jamie, the BBC has officially confirmed Kelvin will be hitting the ballroom floor.
Speaking about joining the show, Kelvin said: Is this really happening?! Its been the most surreal week of my life!
Im a massive fan of Strictly so its incredible. Im so happy that I can be a part of it. But at the same time its quite bittersweet!
Im coming in on the back of Jamies injury – I keep thinking about him! I cant imagine going through all this excitement and then having to pull out. My thoughts are with him – he seems like a fantastic guy and I hope hes doing OK.
Kelvin will be partnered with Oti Mabuse for the first live show which kicks off on Saturday 21 September.
— BBC Strictly (@bbcstrictly) September 7, 2019
The actor is most famous for playing Andy Sugden in the ITV soap for 20 years until 2016, and has also worked as a model and racing driver.
More: Strictly Come Dancing
Jamies departure was addressed in the Strictly launch show, where a behind-the-scenes clip revealed how he has to have eight weeks to rest his injured foot.
Speaking in the clip, Jamie said: Hello everyone, I just wanted to give everyone a quick update on my foot. Now because of the injury it means IRead More – Source